Summary: Andrea Meyer is a writer and ghostwriter who’s contributed to 35 books. She creates content for thought leaders in business. She researches and writes about innovative people and companies. Andrea founded WorkingKnowledge.com in 1988 and works with CEOs, professors, and consultants to write their books, blogs, white papers, and online learning content. A Certified Online Instructor, she’s active in social media and facilitates online communities.
Clients: McKinsey & Co., IBM, Cisco, Innocentive, Innosight, Invention Machine, MIT, Harvard Business School, Wharton, Tuck, IMD, Young President’s Organization (YPO), Forrester Research, London Business School, Carnegie Mellon, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), National Academy of Sciences, MetLife, SAP, AARP, Fisher Investments, ICEX, Fast Company magazine, the Tom Peters Group, Prentice Hall, Cengage Learning, and McGraw-Hill. See additional clients.
Publications: Andrea has written/contributed to 35 books, 450 case studies and company profiles, 81 conference reports, 32 best practices reports, 24 industry studies, white papers, training manuals, and countless articles & website content. Click here for more.
To see video of Andrea, click here.
Testimonials: Tom Peters (co-author of In Search of Excellence, one of the top-selling business books in publishing history), praised Andrea’s work as “brilliant . . . exceeds my wildest dreams/hopes/prayers!” Andrea’s most recent notable achievement is The Resilient Enterprise (for Yossi Sheffi), which was named one of the best business books of 2005 by the Financial Times.
Education: Andrea received her Master of Library and Information Science degree from the University of Texas at Austin, graduating with a 4.0/4.0 grade point average. She earned her B.A. in Liberal Arts from University of Texas Plan II Honors Program and became a Certified Online Instructor in 2001.
Awards: Who’s Who in America, Mensa, Phi Beta Kappa
Contact: Andrea Meyer: http://workingknowledge.com/ContactInfo.htm
Andrea provides services in three primary areas:
- Creating custom content for websites, blogs, books and textbooks
- Developing executive education and elearning materials (original case studies, workbooks, interactive exercises, teaching notes, Leader’s Guides) and facilitating online communities
- Researching and writing best practices reports and conducting business research to support new business development, international expansion, M&A and strategic innovation.
Andrea works with universities (MIT, Harvard, Babson) to create executive education materials, and with publishers (Prentice Hall, McGraw-Hill, MIT Press) to write college textbooks and business books. Andrea also works with consulting companies and organizations (McKinsey & Co., Young President’s Organization, AARP, OECD) to create content under their logos.
Her specialties include researching and writing case studies for executive education programs as well as for marketing collateral. Her in-depth custom research (best practices reports and competitor analyses) helps companies in expand their businesses and product lines. She also synthesizes content from conferences to capture key insights for clients and has written 74 conference reports.
Andrea has conducted case studies in Asia, South America and Europe. She is fluent in Czech and has lived in Prague, Cape Town and Zurich. In 2003, she completed a month-long volunteer assignment in Australia. Her international clients include London Business School, OECD, French Ministry of Education, and the Norwegian Center for Leadership and Development.
- “The Role & Context of Open Innovation,” Conference Opener for the Innovation3 Summit: Crowdsourcing, Culture & Tools, Dec. 8-10, 2011, Orlando, FL
- “Strategies for Stimulating Innovation in Your Organization” workshop at the Second European Conference on Creativity and Innovation, The Netherlands
- “Knowledge Mapping” for McKinsey & Company
- “Savvy Twitter Strategies for Growing Your Business,” BWA Expo, Sept. 2009
- “Using Online Social Media to Advance Your Business” for Rocky Mountain Publishing Professionals Guild
- “Getting the Most Out of Twitter” webinar for Association of Independent Information Professionals
- “The Secrets of Finding and Using Current, Startling and Accurate Information,” which was the highest-rated program at the CareerTrack Trainer Convention, 1988
- Competent Toastmaster award from Toastmasters International and winner of club, area, and district competitions at the Toastmasters Evaluation Contest
Experience before Working Knowledge®
Before founding Working Knowledge® in 1988, she worked at IBM, providing research support for new product development and corporate acquisitions. She also developed management training materials for CareerTrack Seminars, which was the 10th fastest-growing, privately-held company in the U.S. while she worked there and its seminars were attended by over 400,000 people annually.
Sub Pages List
2 Comments » Last modified on Jan 5th 2009
2 Responses to “About Andrea Meyer”